The Greater Los Angeles chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists presents a panel discussion on where our city is, where we’re going and how we’ll remember ‘this’ moment in L.A. history.
The moderator will be Hector Tobar, columnist for the Los Angeles Times and author of “The Tattooed Soldier” and “Translation Nation.”
WHEN: Thursday, Feb. 25 at 7 p.m.
WHERE: Eso Won Bookstore,4331 Degnan Blvd., Leimert Park
- Larry Frank, Los Angeles deputy mayor
- Dowell Myers, demographer and author of “Immigrants and Boomers”
- Arielle Rosen, director of senior services, L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center
- George J. Sanchez, historian and author of “Becoming Mexican American”
- Carol Sobel, civil rights attorney
Free and open to the public.
Light refreshments and rugelach will be provided.