The Greater Los Angeles chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists invites you to a special session on strategies for acquiring public records by Society of Professional Journalists Freedom of Information Trainer, David Cuillier.
Topics of discussion will include:
- Great ideas for document-based stories you can do in your community
- Strategies for effective records requests and overcoming denials
- Psychological skills for getting officials to give you what you need
- Tips for making records part of your daily routine while stretched thin
- Rousing inspiration for doing great journalism in tough times
A session on strategies for acquiring public records
David Cuillier, Society of Professional Journalists Freedom of Information Trainer
Saturday, June 23
10 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
California State University, Northridge, Room 2111 in Manzanita Hall, 18111 Nordhoff St., Northridge, CA, 91325.
The event is free and open to the public.
Parking: $6 in Parking Structure B3
Please RSVP at firstname.lastname@example.org
Navid Nonahal, SPJ/LA
Photo: Zach Behrens/SPJLA